That’ s a good question. The sad reality is that many American families spend more money than they make. That should be a shocking fact for Christians. Why? Because Christians are supposed to be good stewards of all that we have: our time, talent, intelligence, energy and possessions, including money.
Let’s consider money from the Christian standpoint:
- It is not sinful to earn all the legitimate money one can garner. In itself, money is not evil. It is the love of money we must resist.
- It is important to save as much as one can – at least 10 percent.
- It is vital to make a budget and stick to it.
- God owns the world and gives us the responsibility to take care of it. It takes money to care for home and property.
- We should strive to give at least 10 percent to God’s work, which includes the church.
- One reliable fact about stewardship: There is no way we can out-give our loving God. Ever!